Private Loans for Bar Study
The PNC Solution Loan™ for Bar Study can help you pay for bar exams and preparation.
The PNC Solution Loan for Bar Study is a private loan offering a convenient way to pay for bar exams and prep.
Who It's For: Students enrolled at least half time at an approved ABA-accredited law school with less than six months remaining until graduation, or who have graduated from one within the last six months
- Choose your interest rate option: variable or fixed rate
- No application or origination fees
- Borrow up to $15,000
- Get 0.50% off your rate with automated payments from your checking or savings account1
- A co-signer release option is available after 48 consecutive on-time monthly payments2
- Variable rate loan interest rates range from 3.45% to 10.40%
(APRs from 3.42% to 10.40%)3
- Fixed rate loan interest rates range from 6.49% to 12.99%
(APRs from 6.37% to 12.99%)3
- No minimum income requirement
- Receive a preliminary decision within minutes of applying online
- Take up to 15 years to repay with a six-month grace period3
- Funds are sent directly to you
- Outstanding debt will be forgiven upon the death of the borrower
- View loan application and solicitation disclosure
- have graduated from a PNC-approved law school** within the last six months, or
- be a professional student enrolled at least half time at a PNC-approved law school** scheduled to graduate within the next six months, and
- be planning to take the bar exam no later than six months after graduation
You and your co-signer, if any, must:
- be U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- have lived in the U.S. for the previous two years
- meet the credit guidelines listed below
There are two credit options available for this program: creditworthy and credit ready.
If applying as creditworthy or with a creditworthy co-signer, you or your co-signer need:
- two years of satisfactory credit history, and two years of continuous income and/or employment history
- proof of current income
- if self-employed, to have been in business for at least two years
If you are applying as a credit ready applicant on your own signature, you need:
- a satisfactory credit history of two years
Considering Applying With a Co-signer?
- Applying with a creditworthy co-signer may increase your chances of approval.
If you have any questions, please contact our customer service center to speak with a student loan specialist at
**Contact us to find out if your school is approved.
1Get 0.50% off your interest rate with automated payments from your checking or savings account when making scheduled payments that include both principal and interest. If automatic payment is discontinued, you will no longer receive an automatic payment discount. A federal regulation limits the number of transfers that may be made from a savings or money market account. Please contact your financial institution for more information on transfer limitations on savings accounts. 2A request to release a co-signer requires that you have made forty-eight (48) consecutive timely payments with no periods of forbearance or deferment within the forty-eight (48) month timeframe. “Timely payment” means each payment is made no later than the 15th day after the scheduled due date of the payment. “Consecutive payment” means the minimum monthly payment must be made for forty-eight (48) months straight without any interruption. To qualify for a co-signer release, the borrower must submit a request, meet the consecutive, timely payment requirements, provide proof of income and pass a credit check. 3View important disclosure and repayment information for the PNC Solution Loan for Bar Study. Maximum loan: $15,000. Maximum aggregate educational debt (including both federal and private student loans): $225,000.
PNC reserves the right to discontinue any or all terms of this program at any time without notice. Loans may be sold to other financial organizations; however, the interest rate and term of the loan will not change if a loan is sold. PNC Solution Loans are subject to credit approval.