Private Loans for Bar Study
The PNC Solution Loan for Bar Study can help you pay for bar exams and preparation.
The PNC Solution Loan for Bar Study is a private loan offering a convenient way to pay for bar exams and prep.
Who It's For: Students enrolled at least half time at an approved ABA-accredited law school with less than six months remaining until graduation, or who have graduated from one within the last six months
- Choose your interest rate option: variable or fixed rate
- No application or origination fees
- Borrow up to $15,000
- Get 0.50% off your rate with automated payments from your checking or savings account1
- A co-signer release option is available after the initial 48 consecutive on-time monthly payments2
- Variable rate loan interest rates range from 3.50% to 10.45%
(APRs from 3.48% to 10.45%)3
- Fixed rate loan interest rates range from 6.49% to 12.99%
(APRs from 6.42% to 12.99%)3
- No minimum income requirement
- Receive a preliminary decision within minutes of applying online
- Take up to 15 years to repay with a six-month grace period3
- Funds are sent directly to you
- View loan application and solicitation disclosure
- have graduated from a PNC-approved law school** within the last six months, or
- be a professional student enrolled at least half time at a PNC-approved law school** scheduled to graduate within the next six months, and
- be planning to take the bar exam no later than six months after graduation
You and your co-signer, if any, must:
- be U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- have lived in the U.S. for the previous two years
- meet the credit guidelines listed below
There are two credit options available for this program: creditworthy and credit ready.
If applying as creditworthy or with a creditworthy co-signer, you or your co-signer need:
- two years of satisfactory credit history, and two years of continuous income and/or employment history
- proof of current income
- if self-employed, to have been in business for at least two years
If you are applying as a credit ready applicant on your own signature, you need:
- a satisfactory credit history of two years
Considering Applying With a Co-signer?
- Applying with a creditworthy co-signer may increase your chances of approval.
If you have any questions, please contact our customer service center to speak with a student loan specialist at
**Contact us to find out if your school is approved.
1If automatic payment is discontinued, you will no longer receive an automatic payment discount. A federal regulation limits the number of transfers that may be made from a savings or money market account. Please contact your financial institution for more information on transfer limitations on savings accounts. 2To release a co-signer, the borrower must request a co-signer release and pass a credit check. 3View important disclosure and repayment information for the PNC Solution Loan for Bar Study. Maximum loan: $15,000. Maximum aggregate educational debt (including both federal and private student loans): $225,000.
PNC reserves the right to discontinue any or all terms of this program at any time without notice. Loans may be sold to other financial organizations; however, the interest rate and term of the loan will not change if a loan is sold. PNC Solution Loans are subject to credit approval.