Private Loans for Health & Medical Professions
The PNC Solution Loan™ for Health Professions can help you get the money you need to pay for school.
The PNC Solution Loan for Health Professions is a private loan offering a convenient way to pay for college after you have exhausted your federal loan options.
Who It's For: Graduate students and undergraduates in an accelerated program who are working toward a degree in a PNC-approved health-related field of study1, and are enrolled at least half time
- Choose your interest rate option: variable or fixed rate
- No application or origination fees
- Get 0.50% off your rate with automated payments from your checking or savings account2
- A co-signer release option is available after the initial 48 consecutive on-time monthly payments3
- Variable rate loan interest rates range from 3.46% to 10.41%
(APRs from 3.39% to 10.41%)4
- Fixed rate loan interest rates range from 6.49% to 12.99%
(APRs from 6.26% to 12.99%)4
- Use the funds for any education-related expense
- Apply up to 60 days after the end of the school term
- Receive a preliminary decision within minutes of applying online
- Take up to 15 years to repay4
- Payments can be deferred while you are in school, or you can choose to begin repayment immediately to save on interest expense5
- If you choose to defer payments, repayment begins six months after you graduate4
- You can request deferment for your loan during your residency as long as it does not exceed the program maximum of 10 1/2 years of deferment (including the 180 day grace period) from the date of the first disbursement of the loan5
- One-time capitalization of interest at repayment
- Funds are sent directly to the school
- Outstanding debt will be forgiven upon the death of the borrower
- Interest may be tax deductible; consult your tax advisor
- View loan application and solicitation disclosure
- be an undergraduate or graduate health professions student
- be enrolled at least half time as determined by your school
You and your co-signer, if any, must:
- be U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- have lived in the U.S. for the previous two years
- meet the credit guidelines listed below
Please note: A co-signer is typically required for undergraduate students; a creditworthy co-signer is required for 17-year-old students
There are two credit options available for this program: creditworthy and credit ready (graduate students only).
If applying as creditworthy or with a creditworthy co-signer, you or your co-signer need:
- two years of satisfactory credit history, and two years of continuous income and/or employment history
- proof of current income
- if self-employed, to have been in business for at least two years
If you are applying as a credit ready graduate student applicant on your own signature, you need:
- a satisfactory credit history of two years
Considering Applying With a Co-signer?
- Applying with a creditworthy co-signer may increase your chances of approval.
If you have any questions, please contact our customer service center to speak with a student loan specialist at
1View a list of PNC-approved fields of study. 2If automatic payment is discontinued, you will no longer receive an automatic payment discount. . A federal regulation limits the number of transfers that may be made from a savings or money market account. Please contact your financial institution for more information on transfer limitations on savings accounts. 3To release a co-signer, the borrower must request a co-signer release and pass a credit check. 4View important disclosure and repayment information for the PNC Solution Loan for Health Professions. Annual loan maximum: $40,000 for undergraduates and $65,000 for graduate students. Maximum aggregate educational debt (including federal and private student loans): $225,000. 5Interest will continue to accrue during periods of deferment. Paying the interest as it accrues each quarter will save you money over the repayment term of the loan because any accrued interest that you do not pay will be added to the principal balance at the end of the deferment period.
PNC reserves the right to modify or discontinue any or all terms of this program at any time without notice. Loans may be sold to other financial organizations; however, the interest rate and term of the loan will not change if a loan is sold. PNC Solution Loans are subject to credit approval.