The PNC Solution Loan helps you bridge the gap between federal aid and the full cost of your education.
As one of the largest banks in the country, PNC is dedicated to helping you advance your education.
The PNC Solution Loan™
- Choose your interest rate option: variable or fixed rate
- No application or origination fees
- Get 0.50% off your rate with automated payments from your checking or savings account1
- A co-signer release option is available after 48 consecutive on-time monthly payments2
- Receive a preliminary decision within minutes of applying online
- Payments can be deferred while enrolled at least half time, or you may choose to begin paying immediately to save on interest expense3
- Take up to 15 years to repay3
- Outstanding debt will be forgiven upon the death of the borrower
Considering Applying With a Co-signer?
- Applying with a creditworthy co-signer may increase your chances of approval.
Before you apply for loans, you should have:
- Completed and sent in your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after January 1st
- Received an award letter from the school you plan to attend
- Researched grants, scholarships, federal loans, and work-study programs
- Reviewed the PNC Solution Loan eligibility requirements and aggregate loan limits, using the Learn More button below
Who It's For: Undergraduate students who are enrolled at least half time in a degree or certificate program
Who It's For: Graduate or professional students who are enrolled at least half time in a degree or certificate program
Who It's For: Graduate students and undergraduates in an accelerated program who are working toward a degree in a PNC-approved health-related field of study, and are enrolled at least half time
Who It's For: MD, DDS, DO and DVM residents needing funds to cover interview, relocation and living expenses
Who It's For: Students enrolled at least half time at an approved ABA-accredited law school with less than six months remaining until graduation, or who have graduated from one within the last six months who need funds to cover the costs associated with preparing for and taking the bar exam
1 Get 0.50% off your interest rate with automated payments from your checking or savings account when making scheduled payments that include both principal and interest. If automatic payment is discontinued, you will no longer receive an automatic payment discount. A federal regulation limits the number of transfers that may be made from a savings or money market account. Please contact your financial institution for more information on transfer limitations on savings accounts.
2 A request to release a co-signer requires that you have made forty-eight (48) consecutive timely payments with no periods of forbearance or deferment within the forty-eight (48) month timeframe. “Timely payment” means each payment is made no later than the 15th day after the scheduled due date of the payment. “Consecutive payment” means the minimum monthly payment must be made for forty-eight (48) months straight without any interruption. To qualify for a co-signer release, the borrower must submit a request, meet the consecutive, timely payment requirements, provide proof of income and pass a credit check.
3 View important disclosure and repayment information for the PNC Solution Loan for Undergraduates, Graduate Students, Health Professions, Health Professions Residency, and Bar Study. Interest will continue to accrue during periods of deferment. You will receive quarterly interest statements during this deferment period. Paying the interest as it accrues each quarter will save you money over the repayment term of the loan because any accrued interest that you do not pay will be added to the principal balance at the end of the deferment period.
PNC reserves the right to discontinue any or all terms of this program at any time without notice. Loans may be sold to other financial organizations; however, the interest rate and term of the loan will not change if a loan is sold. PNC Solution Loans are subject to credit approval.